Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I have decided to…


follow Jesus. Let me explain.

I have built up in my blog about me speaking about who I believe will make the best president and that somehow my opinion is really valuable in this vast world. Then last night I was not sleeping well because I was worried about our political mess – it means that much to me – then all of a sudden God reminded me about this verse.

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help And rely on horses, And trust in chariots because they are many And in horsemen because they are very strong, But they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the LORD! Isaiah 31:1

There is only one Savior, and he is not running for president. His position is not elected. His role and influence on the things of this earth are not bound up in the opinions of the masses. He is indeed the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. He reigns and there will never be an end to his government. His name is Jesus.

I realize that the problems we face in America are not political or economic or legislative. The problem America faces is spiritual. The truth is that we live in a nation that needs to see the real Jesus. The people who for some reason read my blog will not come to know the real Jesus because I know economics better than they do. That really will make no difference whatsoever.

The real issue is spiritual and it begins with me. I am not the answer, John McCain is not the answer, Barack Obama is not the answer. There is no legislative bailout for the spiritual condition of America. There is no plan that is going cause everyone to have good spiritual healthcare this year.

There are, however, people like me. Who have a small voice to a certain group of people. I have decided that if I am going to yell something loudly from this small corner of the blogosphere it will be this truth…

Jesus said, “I have come not to be served, but to serve. And to give my life as a ransom for many.” The price for your spiritual bankruptcy has been paid on your behalf. Our nation might have some thing to figure out, but, today, you can be right with the world if you accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord.

I will over the next week share from some sayings of Jesus some spiritual truths that should affect the election decisions of the followers of Christ. I will not, however, tell you how to vote.

There is only one vote in your life that really matters to me. Have you voted for Jesus as Savior and Lord? He is without your vote, but you are not his without it.

No comments: