Friday, November 16, 2012

Growing a Gratitude Attitude


Are you grateful for all you have?  Even today in the midst of national and political turmoil, are you grateful? 

Gratitude is attitude. 

I have already written that Thanksgiving is thanks given.  Thanksgiving is action.  But that action has correlating attitude.  You will never have the action without the attitude nor the attitude without the action.  So how do you foster the attitude?

“Two things I ask of you, Lord;  do not refuse me before I die:  Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.  Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’
Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.  Proverbs 30:7-9

Have you ever asked such a thing?  God don’t let me have nothing but please don’t give me everything.  We live in a culture focused on getting everything.  But this mindset and heart passion is essential to the gratitude attitude.

Two Attitudes You must foster to have gratitude:
1.  It is how you see little that gives you much gratitude.
2.  It is how you see much that gives you little gratitude.

Your view of the little things causes you to have much gratitude. It is how you see one thing that defines how you see everything.  If you are grateful for the little things you are grateful for everything.

You view of everything causes you to have little gratitude.  It is how you see everything that defines how you one thing.  If you are consumed with everything you not grateful for anything.