Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Muffin Man...I am

Chocolate covered strawberry muffins
via the Muffin Man
That's right.  I am the MUFFIN MAN.

Every Sunday I have a tradition with my family.  While I am up early preparing and praying over my sermon and Sunday morning at Fellowship, I make muffins.  I try not to make boring muffins.  I try to make really good muffins.  My kids are excited about muffins on Sunday.

Why?  I want my kids to be excited about Sundays.  I try to use this to make this day start special at home before it is special at church.  It is their favorite day of the week and I think it should be.  It is my favorite day of the week.  I love to worship the Lord.  It is a great privilege to honor him through obedience by assembling together with his people for his purposes and his praise.  I want my 3 kids to know this.

So this post is probably the first of many sharing recipes, scriptures, and thoughts of a man trying to leave a legacy.  If muffins leave behind a love and passion for Jesus, then my heart is filled and my prayers answered.

Sunday, July 15 I made chocolate covered strawberry muffins.  (A big hit)

Recipe:
Jiffy brand strawberry muffin mix (follow the instructions)
plus add in a little Hershey's chocolate syrup.

Cook for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven
use a spoon to make a crater in the top of each muffin.
Add a spoonful of chocolate mini chips to the top of each muffin.

Cut up some fresh strawberries
pour a spoonful of sugar on them
mush them up with a fork

Remove muffins.
Top muffins with strawberry mixture.
drizzle top with chocolate syrup.

Serve with Scripture try to tie into the concept of the muffin.  COVERED was our word.

Above all, love each other deeply, because love COVERS over a multitude of sins.  1 Peter 4:8

Memorize the passage all week worth your kids.  Talk about how it applies.  Teach the concepts of forgiveness and grace.  Make it the conversation of the week.

This recipe is less about muffins and more about faith.

Dads,  are you setting the table in your home for Christ to have his place?