Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gummi Worms

"For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing."  Romans 7:19

What does that have to do with gummy worms?  Well, I just finished a bag.  I did not want to finish the bag but I did want to finish the bag.  I wanted to eat one of the few candies I like, but I did not want to eat them either.

Why?  Because I have lost 15 pounds this Spring and Summer.  I had been exercising really good till I did some traveling.  I want to to do good with my body; treat it like the temple of the Holy Spirit.  I want my health to honor Christ and to have the strength and health to serve him long in life.

BUT...I really like to eat.  I like cookies, cake, and all things fried.  I enjoy exercise, but I like to sleep in too.

So the things I want to do; I don't do.  The things I don't want to do; I do.  But, in all reality, everything I do, I want to do.

So the issue here is not just what we want; it is what we want more.

"Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled."  Matthew 5:6

What are you really hungry for?
What does your soul deeply thirst for?

If you are not sure, look at what you are consuming and what you are doing, and you have it.

If you want your appetite change; change your diet.