Friday, December 7, 2012

The Decision Decision


Ephesians 5:15-18 continues to give us great truths for time management and life choices.

Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead by filled with the Spirit.

We must make the decision that makes the decisions.

Drunkenness is not the sin in this verse.  Debauchery is.  Debauchery is extreme indulgence that leads to a loss of control.  Drunkenness causes debauchery.  Debauchery should be avoided, therefore, drunkenness should be avoided.  That is the principle.

We can choose choices but we cannot choose our consequences.  So in life we must make a decision that makes our decisions.  We must choose convictions so choices are made before they are made.

Per this Biblical example…I do not drink alcohol because if I drink alcohol I get drunk, always.  When I get drunk, I debauch.  I do not want to debauch so I do not get drunk, therefore, I do not drink.  My conviction…my decision that makes the decisions.

Making calendar choices is no different.

An example…my family participates in the life of the church I pastor through serving and participating.  When life gets busy, we do not bail on church.  We look elsewhere first.  Not because it is my job, but because it is my joy. 

The decision makes the decisions…not just on the calendar…but in the heart. 
Where your treasure is, there your heart is also.

So what do you treasure?
1.  What do you always make time for?
2.  Where and what do you most often bail on in busy times?
3.  Do those choices honestly honor your convictions?