Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jacket On...Jacket off

If you have seen the newer Karate Kid movie you know that a jacket on and off enough can teach a kid kung fu.  Much like waxing cars, painting fences, and sanding decks.  Depends on which era you grew up in.

Well I read a Scripture about armor on and armor off that I wanted to share.

The king of Israel answered, "Tell him: 'One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.'" 1Kings 20:11

This quote hit me.  Why?  It is great advice.

Our words before a battle is fought should sound very different than our words after a battle is won.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is trash talk.  I cannot stand it.  I have always believed if you are really that good you should not need to tell anyone.  Plus it is the epitome of poor sportsmanship.  But this truth is much larger than sports and war.
 
You should guard your words before you go out.  You never know what lies ahead.  Often the humility necessary for success was lost before the endeavor ever began.